18.4.04

Cast REVIVE on ANIME SPIRIT!!

Yes, that's right! I've revived (kind of) my anime spirit! Prematurely, actually, as I should have gotten back into Anime AFTER testing. Ah... well... I'm giving out some of my reviews for recent "first looks" on a few episodes of Anime, ranking from worst to best (I think so far):

Melody of Oblivion: Cool title. The only thing really cool about it. As far as I can see, this thing is the most illogical and poor quality anime I've seen out of the four. Its animation isn't that bad, and that's one of the reasons I went and watched it (the other reason is because of the title, as I stated earlier), but the plotline is like one of those Sailor Moon type anime, only its not as girly (probably would have been better if it was). Music isn't that super, either. The characters are rather... pointless. At least, the main character, who just has that "I want to be a warrior" attitude that doesn't care much of anything else (Hey! a PMA char!). And the main bad guy is some monster-transforming-humans-into-monsters sorta guy, lame-o. And Motorcycles. What the heck? This is just a taste thing, but no motorcycles for me. The arrow idea was kinda cool, but not enough to keep me going. I'm scrapping this.
Monster: Ok, first off, I don't like its animation. If not for the intriguing plot of a neurosurgeon, I would not have gotten into it. And even so, I found out that all they're gonna talk about is a guy doing surgery, not research, though he does give information on some research he's been doing. But other than that, it seems decent enough. Most of the problems presented in here are much like real life problems, assuming a murderer shoots two parents dead and delivers a bullet through a brother's head while the sister stands tramatized is normal. However, the story seems rather expected, and I have a good prediction on what's gonna happen next. If it's predictable, I probably might drop it a few episodes in. It's not a favorite, especially no because of its animation and music, but it works for something. Key component in this anime here is logic; everything is very logical in their terms and descriptions, and that's what I like about this.
Ragnarok The Animation: I'm a Ragnarok Fan, so obviously I like it. :P I mean, unless it's REALLY badly made, I'm still gonna download and watch it no matter what. Sure, it isn't the greatest, but its nice in how much it follows gameplay rules, descriptions, words, phrases, and monsters. For some reason, I like that. :) GO THEIF BUGS!!!! Ahem. Anyway, If I didn't know so much about Ragnarok, I would have thought that this might not have been as great as I do now, but because it IS so gamelike and reminds of the game, I love it. Remember, this a fanboy talking, so you might not agree. :P Then again, you might not agree with anything I say. :P
Doki Doki School Hours, or Sensei no Ojikan: SOOOOOOO KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!! Basically, an Azumanga Clone, only more cute. Most people probably would look down on it because it IS a clone of Azumanga, but its so CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!! Basically, its the absurd adventures of a teacher that had a lack of growth hormones during adolesence (in simple anime-ish terms, SHE'S CHIBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and the strange students in her class. Nice for comedy relief. I'm definately sticking with this one, both for the cuteness and the comedy.

No comments: