4.7.05

AX! UPDATE: Edited!

Heya! I'm back from AX and I must admit I had a helluva good time. Had its ups and downs, could be better, but it also certainly could be worse. Best of all, I saw KOTOKO!!! Ok, more details on that later, first, some basic info material, then a bit of a description on each day of my AX weekend. I may add more to the details when I remember something I forgot to put in. :p
Basic info!
Stuff that got licensed- Anime
Mai Hime, by Bandai(:o)
Kannazuki no Miko. by Geneon (O.O Wow! This was a big surprise, but it would explain why Geneon hired Kotoko to sing for this year's AX, considering no one knows Kotoko other than from the Bandai license Onegai Teacher)
Stuff that got licensed- Manga
Rozen Maiden, by Tokyopop (OMG *gawk*)
Full Moon Wo Sagashite, by Viz (WTFrea @.@ *insert crazy astonished here*)

Another note to this is that I heard, but not from AX (my friend told me) that Shinobuden 2x2 is also licensed. o_O Wow so much obscure anime I thought no one would like getting licensed...

Stuff I got :P
Ragnarok Battle Offline OST (yay!)
Ragnarok Online Fan Artbook (YAY!)
Megumi Artbook on Various Anime
Kokoro winter concert avi file (Yes, I got this one for free from my friends :p)
Various mp3 rips of albums from Kotoko, Lia, and Eufonius (also for free :p)

Notice how I didn't buy any manga or anime. Since I was working at Orbit, and since they were busy pretty much the entire day, I decided to wait and they told me to come back to an Orbit store to get discounts there. So, I'm going tomorrow to get more anime and manga... So my Anime adventure isn't over yet... XD

ANIME EXPO DAILY EXPLANATORY DETAILS!!! (or, informally, "My AX diary")
Friday:
On Friday, I woke up at an annoyingly early 6:30 in the morning so a friend of a friend of mine can pick me up. His name is Alex. He's like a nurse and likes biology, so that's kind of cool. Yea, that's what we talked about on the trip there. :p So anyway we got there and grouped together with the other USC people at the hotels we were to stay in. Well, we couldn't get our keys yet, I think, and so I left them to go talk to the people working at the Orbit booth, since I'm volunteering.
I'll tell you this much right now: I'm never volunteering at AX again, because that was such a hassle. It's probably fine as long as I had stuff to do, but there were times where everyone else looked so busy and I was standing there waiting for something to do, but no one ever told me to do anything. That annoyed me >.<. But actually, friday, it was pretty busy in itself. Although the day didn't seem quite exciting, while browsing around I found the Ragnarok Battle Offline OST, which really got me excited, except I don't know how to bargain, and that quickly turned my excitement into embarassment. :P Still, I got it for 18 dollars (originally 20), and the fact that I'm happy and listening to it right now is nice. :P By closing time, I wanted to get out of the booths asap because I was in there for so long, and so I got really irritated when I supposedly had to wait around for someone to give me something to do, and in the end I wasted like 10 minutes because no one ever told me to do anything, so I asked to leave and they let me leave. >.<>.<>.> Well, this was the day of the Kotoko concert, but the morning REALLY REALLY SUCKED and it was THIS morning why I decide I'm never going to try volunteering again. You see, the orbit people, though they provided free access to the dealers room, free hotel rooms, and free food, didn't have badges for everyone. It seems to be some AX rule. In any case, I needed a badge, or (what I thought) a ticket to get into the Kotoko concert, but IT TOOK SO FREAKIN LONG TO GET ONE!!! I ended up working some of a shift WHICH I WASN'T TO WORK IN (I only really wanted to just get the damn badge and leave). Eventually it turned REALLY chaotic when someone told me (misleadingly) that you needed tickets to get into the Kotoko concert and they said there were only 2 tickets per company. Meaning orbit only had 2 tickets. And they made it sound like you NEEDED the tickets, so I was frantic and worried as hell that I'm going to miss the Kotoko concert, but then I called up my USC friend, and he told me the ticket stuff was BS and I could get in as long as I had a badge. Probably without one too, but didn't wanna miss seating and chance of missing part of the concert just because I didn't have a badge -_-;; So I waited, again, like a freakin insane amount of time before they FINALLY gave in and let me borrow a badge (FYI, the badge ratio was like 12 badges for 50 people) and got in.
THE KOTOKO CONCERT WAS AWESOME!!! Not only was it the first Kotoko concert I been to, it was the first Kotoko concert in America, which made me seem even more special X3. I could have died right after the Kotoko concert and not have cared. Ok that was an exaggeration, but it was one of the best concerts I've been to ever!! I was sitting at the ~~4th, 5th row from the front, so I was pretty close to her. Of course, that meant huge blasting speakers that deafened me for the rest of AX, but the music, being Kotoko, was still good. THE AUDIECE WAS CRAZY, THOUGH. Seriously, because I thought that not many people know kotoko, that the audience wouldn't be too into it, but... O.O It got pretty crazy. First, people started standing up, which was kind of weird, imo, to me, being that I don't goto concerts that often. And then... everyone... started... well...
Ok, one of the comments that my friend (Robert) made was this: "There are two things different about this concert and the concerts in japan: 1. There are no glowsticks, and 2. There are females present." Well, he was pretty right about the second one, there were girls and if you watch the Kotoko concert, you don't see any girls at the concert o_O. But the glowstick incident was IMPRESSIVELY made up when people started waving to the music, with... whatever they had. Cell Phones, PDAs, Game Boy Advances, even lighters... it was all there. You looked back and you could see a sea of technological devices, and you wonder... "All this for Kotoko concert?" Truly... "touching" but I feel this is the wrong word.
Ok, now a little criticism to my rave on the Kotoko concert. While I'm sure most of the concert's antics were due to some crazy japanese otaku fanboys of Kotoko and stupid americans who like to follow what everyone else does, I'm worried about how "cool" I think her music is... I was wondering over the concert period, because it seems that music has perhaps a little of a hypnotic effect on me. >.> you know, like Sirens in Greek mythology... while I maintained composure throughout most of the concert (I didn't go all out crazy... I didn't even wave my cell phone around) I was truly into her music and I'm starting to worry about that... Maybe Kotoko is an evil music alien that will try to hypnotize the world... Naaa, if that were true, everyone would be into Kotoko by now. Yet, she's still obscure. So oh well.
The last thing I want to say about Kotoko is I missed her panel... I didn't get to see people ask questions to her or ask questions myself... nor get her autograph because of it >..<>.<... Well, now I know, in addition to not volunteering at Marketing Booths, to not goto masquarade either. Well, not alone with no one to talk to or be bored with. /pif
Monday
What did I do today? Well, I pretty much went straight to the dealer's room and worked most of the time. I went also to look for that megumi artbook because I checked it out earlier... it had a lot of Air pictures, so that's why I wanted to get it. Well, while looking for that book in one of the shops, I found a hardcover RO fan artbook O.O... so I bought it. :p Other than that, worked till 3 at the orbit booth at the exhibition hall, then met two other friends who were taking me home (Their names were Eddie and Steve). They wanted to goto Outback and eat dinner first; I didn't eat with them since I was eating dinner at home. Then I come home, play some RO, eat dinner, and type up this long post. :p

I'll update the previous story when I'm feeling less tired... I woke up like 8 in the morning every day and slept past midnight... but keep on looking at the Thomas story, still working on it!

On Tuesday!
I bought so much more discounted stuff!!! This almost makes the volunteer torture worth the effort!! Manga for 5.50 (originally 10 dollars, mind you), Anime for 17-18 dollars... Ok so you guys don't care, and I'm sure you guys dont' care what I bought but I'm gonna tell you anyway!!
Fruits Basket Manga 1-3 (for sister)
Read or Die OVA (For a friend)
Abenonashi Magical Shopping Arcade #3 (another friend)
Elfen Lied 1 and 2 (for myself :P)

UPDATE AGAIN: Due to unidentified technical errors, about half of my AX trip was deleted. Because This was about, well, half of my AX trip, I'm not going to type this all up again and express it to you. Sorry. :p

No comments: