17.10.05

My sister is more reliable than anyone else.

Well, my family is more reliable than anyone else. I've learned that throughout life's lessons that You can NEVER rely on other people. Except for my family. Whenever I asked my family for a favor, they would go through with it. Rarely does anyone else go through with as much devotion or thoroughness than what my family does. Consequently, I have been attempting to not rely on anyone else with the exception of my family, but of course even with my family I'm not asking much already since I feel indebted to their generosity and therefore wish to trouble them as little as possible.

This is just a short rant until my sister comes online. I called her a short while ago because I idiotically forgot some important documents at my parent's home in Covina. (Sometimes I think my family is more reliable than I am myself...) So my sister picks up and she immediately agrees to do so. Though I waited only a few minutes, she calls back later telling me that it might take a while because the internet is down.

That's what I like about her. She calls back and tells me something that I would have considered a trifle waiting and regards it as something important.

This is important. You know why? Because I know people who I would ask if they would do something, and they said they would, but they never do it. But that's not what usually pisses me off. It's the fact that I have to wait a while, and then call THEM, and THEN they make up some excuse sayign something came up so they couldn't do it. I HAD TO CALL THEM. And if that wasn't the case, then more or less it's being called up a second or two before, say, going out (assuming we would be going out to get ice cream or do community service or whatever) and then saying that something last minute came up. I don't know. I just learned to hate inreliability.

Lesson for the day: Don't rely on others for anything. Except if you have a family like me, then you can sort of rely on your family. :p

Relying on yourself would be helpful, btw, but if you have problems like me where you can't even rely on yourself to do things, man, you're screwed. Wait, that means I'm screwed. crap.

No comments: