28.7.08

Ramblings on a Cell Phone

I have some things I wrote up when I was bored/excited on my cell phone that I now think is just taking up memory, but I don't want to delete them without putting them for them to be forgotten forever. So I'll just post all of them in this blog post.


"Perfection can be described in the form of a graph; the x axis is effort, the y axis is achievement. For some, the graph is linear; for some, it is exponential, and others it is horizontal. For myself, it is logarithmic; perfection can never be obtained, but the more I try, the closer I can get to that horizontal asymptote."

"What's a worse feeling? Having something important to do, but not doing it and feeling guilty, or having nothing to do, but feel like you should have something to do and feeling guilty?"

"Mirror neurons and AI. If humanlike AI is to exist, we must learn to mimic mirror neurons. In other words, make a computer 'understand' other people. Perhaps it is easier to start with humans >> computers. Would it be better to remove mirror neurons, or improve super neurons. But first, there are other technicalities to worry about."

No comments: