4.10.09

Sora Wo Kakeru Shojo

The problem with shows like these is when I watch them I never want to stop, but when I stop watching for a while I never want to watch them again because I'll know I'd never want to stop.

IN ANY CASE, the series is quite significant in that it was the first (I think?) series where I didn't watch for any character in particular, because I didn't really find an attraction to any significant character (Moe-standpointwise). I would have to say if I had to choose Akiha... because of the pink hair. :V

So the question comes to being, why did I enjoy the series so much? Well, good plot, artwork, and animation helped. In fact I was quite surprised at how much I immensely enjoyed the artwork to SoraKake yet cannot pinpoint a particular moe character that I would gush about. Still, for the pilot suits, GOOD JOB! :V (I feel so bad saying that) I think part of the reason I enjoyed the artwork a lot was because the last show I watched when I started this series (Was it Asu no Yoichi? I forgot) did not exactly have the prettiest artwork, and when I switched over I was like "BEAUTIFUL!!!" The fight scenes were pretty exciting too. Well, as exciting as sticks with the most random of weapons can get, at least.

In terms of characters, I liked a couple of them for personality, although none of them are anything to gush about. For personality I think Honoka was the coolest character, because I believe if I were to model anything off of Ruby I'd probably have her be the model. Other characters were interesting and funny. What's probably most surprising in my opinion is that, as the show started to get to an end, I thought Nerval was actually a pretty cool person. His reasonings, if you thought them through, were fairly logical, though his methods were not exactly the most friendly. And, he puts people in happy boxes! He just wants to make a world where everyone is happy. In boxes. :V THEY'RE BOXES!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM, is what he's trying to say. :(

But yea his methods weren't exactly the most "humane" so I guess that's why everyone didn't like him.

The music is quite dramatic and adrenaline rushing, which is suited for a series that is using sticks with stuff attached to them as their main fighters. Oh, and some planes, but those are insignificant. And a big cannon. :V

"With Pleasure!"
...Oh Leopard. :V

EDIT: Oh yea, one qualm I had about the series (like many series, actually) is the incompleteness of some parts of the plot. The plot of this series moved fast, was suspenseful and unpredictable, however there were some parts that were inconsistent... like what about that note on "Enigma"? The shop just gets blown up and that's it? :( I was curious to know what that note was!

And actually not really making anyone "die" makes this series a pretty happy series but, I think it would have worked better if they kept things consistent like that, too. :V

No comments: