13.9.05

Oh No!!! *gasp*

More shocking than 9/11!!! More catastrophic than Katrina!!! It was... it was... the blackout in LA!!!!

...ok not really, slight exaggeration. :p But it was a pretty big blackout nonetheless, quite impressive. Although honestly I didn't think of it as being that serious until 15 minutes after the blackout had happened; the lights had gone out where I was, but I was on my laptop and the wireless was still working perfectly (I thought that was kind of funny) so I didn't really find it a bother other than the fact that I couldn't see the pork in my rice bowl...
But actually the blackout hit pretty hard, and I saw that when I was going back to my apartment, which is pretty far from my school... by the time I left (around 4:30), most of the traffic lights were fixed, but not all; and this ONE TRAFFIC LIGHT that was broken clogged the street back up like 5 freakin traffic lights behind it; I can only imagine how torturous it would have been if all 5 of those traffic lights were broken as well...
Luckily enough, I had my ipod and KOTOKO music to last me through the traffic... yea, KOTOKO... um... I swear, one day I'll be in the middle of a science conference describing the structure some newly discovered biological enzyme and... "So, in the DNA structure the nucleotides are usually linked to each other from the 5' to 3' end through phosphodiester bonds; the bases themselves are attached on the 2' end via aOH MY GODDESS KOTOKO!!!! *drool...*" (Well, that last part could also be "Oh my god it's KOTOKO", but considering I'm not religious except in worshipping her music it would probably more or less be the former) I really need to deal with that problem appropriately. >.>
Oh, and I watched another episode of FMP. That blue haired girl's character is so "fake" imo, I don't like her very much, her attitude changes way too suddenly. However, the "cool version of PMA" character is pretty awesome :D good for laughs, good for laughs!! They introduced that white haired military girl, who not only had a good voice (I should check the seiyuu >.>) but looks like a pretty deep and interesting character. Speaking of deep, I'm pretty confident at this point that this will be more or less a Thomasish type anime in the future, and not a bit Engiish except for possible cheesey angsty moments, which I don't even classify as Engi-type. Cheesey angst = bad, angst about love = worse, cheesey angst about love = worst.

No comments: