13.2.06

How to turn taking tests into an Action Adventure Anime!!!!

Yes, if no one has already noticed, I have a serious case of ADHD so I think up really random things like this. For example, The concept of tests can be used in analogy to (kinda like those things in SAT tests) a typical action adventure anime, with the main character being a samurai/ninja/warrior hero fighting off demonic creatures that seem to spawn in his way. I almost view taking tests in the same way, me being that hero that fights off these test-monsters. This sounds really cheesey, but for whatever reason, it works out enough to stimulate excitement in taking tests... if that is ever possible...
The process is a simple one. First, the hero must train through rigorous studies to master different arts, whether it be magic, swordsmanship, dexterity, or understanding test material. Different tests are like different adversaries; not everything works the same on each of your enemies, so you have to "study" different "subjects" (in analogy to different martial arts or magic spells) to ultimately overcome the enemy. In this case, I suppose then it's no longer that an enemy spontaneously appears and challenges you, but more like you getting ready to challenge an enemy.
This analogy seems to falter in that an actual duel would have an actual exchange of blows, whereas on a test, you usually don't expect the test to hit you back if you marked a wrong answer... at least, not until the results come out. It can still somewhat be implied, though-- if you get stumped on a question, the enemy obviously has the upper hand, and as the test is based on a time limit, one struggles more and more to escape the enemy's grip... finishing a test is more like conducting an ultimate blow to the enemy, and for a while time stands still... only when taking a test, it's more like that scene stands still for a week or so until the results come back. It's then you know when your enemy has fallen, or if instead the enemy has dealt a blow to you and it is the hero who has fallen. Obviously, the grade recieved coincides with a player's health points as well; if you get a few marks down, you recieved a few scratches and bruises, whereas if you failed the test, consider yourself fatally wounded...

This all looked a lot better in my mind... >.> For a while I thought I should stop writing this because it sounded too cheesey, but then I thought I needed practice expressing images I have in my mind into words. It would help if I ever consider writing another story, which I want to but just don't have the motivation to rank that high on my to-do list (if you haven't figured out from this short writeup, I rank school and grades as the highest on my list :p).

No comments: