23.12.03

Christmas Cheer

So. Christmas time rolls along, and everyone is happy giving out gifts. Though I wonder ("NOOOO") why should we celebrate Christmas? I for one am not religious. Neither is my family. So why does everyone go around handing out gifts to this holiday they don't really celebrate? This brings me to the topic of seriousness in religion. My stand upon religion shall go upon as "No comment", however, I do respect those who are ardently religious, yet not so fanatical that they'll go around killing the rest that aren't part of their religion. In particular, though, I don't respect those who are partially religious, ie those who say "All you need to do is believe in God to goto heaven!" Those type of ppl usually frustrate me the most.
Anyway, now to make myself look like a complete hypocrite, our family still celebrates Christmas. And friends still give us presents. And gosh darnit, you really do feel bad if someone gives you a gift and you don't give one back, even if it is only part of their tradition.
-_-
So how should I say this? I don't wanna celebrate Christmas, but everyone else does, so I suppose I have to. :/ In times like these it can calm your mind down a lot if you really do have a set religion like Christianity.

Or if you have Bhuddism and still celebrate Christmas, things can really be confusing. @.@
In any case. At least its only Christmas. I pretty much forget about Easter and any other religious holiday is completely not with me. However, I feel highly hypocritical for celebrating Christmas, even if it is just putting up Christmas lights and exchanging gifts. -_-

My statement? If you want to do something, please do it with your heart all into it; half-hearted people are quite... irritating.

Guai- Oh shut up and just go play Gunbound.
Engi- Yes, you think too much about it. Think of Christmas more of a family gathering type holiday rather a religious one.
------------
Merry Christmas. :P

No comments: