29.2.04

Animal Behavior

This session in Bio we're learning about Animal Behavior, and then something interesting struck me: how intriguing that we can observe how other animals behave in ways of survival, that, in the same sense, we do much the same.
Out of behavior and "survival of the fittest", it comes down to two issues: survival of the individual or survival of the species. Well. Survival of the species for humans we can easily rule out: unless a meteor hits us and we all perish, its pretty darn sure a population of 6 billion will last for quite a while.
Which leads to human individual survival instinct. How do we do this? Because you know, part of survival is surviving from each other. Humans no longer have any real predators to fear but himself. How have humans adapted this far, now that they've become such a predominant species? Well the answer is quite easy: We've learned to semi-control ourselves by blasting the heck out of each other. Yes, this involves "War", if you want to use the human term for it. There is indication of this in other species, such as Wolves and such, that will fight till the death, though not necessarily used as a survival of the individual nor a population control method. Its more towards "the strong will survive on" I suppose. Unfortunately for us, both the strong and weak are continuing to live on, making it quite a crowded place.
Is there a point to go with this post? Absolutely not. However, it should probably be concluded that War is no more than just human instinct for survival. After all, its a competitive world, only a limited amount of food and such for so much people. What better way to beat the competition by blasting someone's head off?
Another interesting aspect of human survival might just be homosexual beings. Now, I'm not supporting them no more than I support war, nor do I completely denounce them. I beg to remain neutral on both issues of War and homosexuality. However, since in this process no children are being born, this slight defect may turn to be an evolutionary advance, at least temporarily, for the control of the human population. Of course, I'm not going touch a homosexual man with a 10 foot pole myself, but I'm just commenting, randomly, as I usually do.

Just be happy I'm not in the mood to rant about how stupid the students at my school are. :)

No comments: