24.3.04

ASBW Chronicles: Box Logs #2: When Jarods Attack!!!

(Hopefully this one won't be as cheesy as the other one :P)
Now, I mentioned that my previous memories were mostly a blur, as it has been a long time since those youth days. However, I have to mention that one can NEVER forget their first time dimension hopping. How could you? With Dimension lag and the usual 60 hour day moving to a 110 hour day, along with temperature adjustments and a different sort of air quality to get used to, how could one forget? And what's even more, shortly after landing in a marshy environment and getting my hands and feet all muddy, how can one forget his first dimension hop when suddenly out of nowhere a large fiendish hand pops out just to the left of you and emerges in the form of a hideous, skinny, yellow-eyed squinting demon with large claws and tattered bat like wings?
Apparently, my first attempt to dig into the marshy pits proved futile, as I found out soon enough while digging rather slowly because of the muddy banks that the ground underneath me began to rumble. I looked back and found myself facing the demon a lot more closer than I remembered and intended to be, and realized, as I hit the "bottom", that I was in the clasp of the demon's hands. Figuring digging won't be getting me anywhere, I quickly jumped out of his hand and began running through the marshy pits while the demon attempted to catch up to me.
While running, I saw a man in a sakkurat(sp?) bending down and picking the grass around these marshy areas; apparently these plants that I was stepping through had some use to the old man.
"Hey!!! Old Man!!" I shouted out.
"Eh? Shei?" The man said in a language I never heard of.
"Lao Tou!! Kuai Qiu Qiu Wo!!!" I should mention that I learn things really quickly, especially in a state of emergency. For the sake of consistency, everything will now be translated to one language no matter what planet or dimension we are in.
In any case, the demon that was chasing me suddenly landed right in front of me and began to drew its breath. I quickly ran the other way; however, just as it was about to fire, a small piece of paper suddenly hovered just over the demon's head, and in an instant, a lightning bolt struck the monster, causing it to cry and look back. I looked back too, and saw the old man in the sakkurat hat carrying a few more of those awesome pieces of paper. His facial features were clearer now, a long and thin beard and twinkling eyes, one that does not express the old man as a fighter. Yet...
"So, coming to destroy my rice paddies, are you?" The old man told the demon. "I shall go easy on you, as you have not destroyed much. But..." The old man extended both hands, and three equally spaced slips of paper hovered just in front of him. He moved his hand around the papers a few times, then suddenly extended his hands and pointed to the demon, "OUT OF MY GARDEN, NOW!!" The papers flying toward the demon (with the inscription "Bin") suddenly turned to solid icicles and struck the demon in its body. The demon fell down in agony.
"No, No, No! Don't fall down, you stupid demon, run away!!" The old man grunted.
Instead, the demon roared a particular call. The ground suddenly began to rumble, and I quickly took cover beside the old man while several more demons came out from the ground and surrounded us.
"My rice paddies..." The old man said, annoyed.
"Mwahahahaha..." Out of the backs of one of the demons appeared a blonde haired kid with pushed back hair and sunglasses on. "Decided to take on one of my demons, do you? Well, no matter. This is only a small step in my desire to rule the upper world! I shall start... with your grass paddies!!"
But the old man wasn't listening. He was already in some meditative state, as several leaflets floated in a rotational manner around him. Suddenly, he expanded his hands, and, as if it were an explosion, the leaflets flew in all directions, each hitting a demon and suddenly freezing the demon with its "Tin" (stop) spell.
"Ah well," The old man chuckled. "At least now I have some lawn ornaments to scare away the other pests..."
"So," Jarod fumed. "Think you can defeat me so easily, do you?" Jarod said as he jumped off and prepared for an attack... then stopped and smiled. "I do not need to waste any energy of mine over your small rice paddies. I have the rest of the world to deal with... once I have built up my army, THEN I shall go after your small area!! Mwahahahahaha!!!" And with that, in a puff of black evil-like smoke, he left.
As soon as he left, I did what any kid would do after seeing a battle like that: nag. "WOWTHATWASSOCOOLHOWDIDYOUDOTHATCANYOUTEACHMEHOWTODOTHATPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE..." Not long after Jarod left, though, another old lady on a cloud came along and floated down to talk with the old man. Ok, so the lady was not that old, she was rather pretty looking with her long straight green hair, sea-colored eyes, and funny markings on her forehead, but back then when you're a child anyone seems old as long as they're about 5 feet tall.
"HoHo, Jarod from the underworld has..."
"Gone insane and is trying to take over the upper world? Old news, Destiney, old news. However, I have to say something about his damage to my rice paddies..."
"HoHo, this is urgent! We need you to stop Jarod from doing so, otherwise he'll completely ruin the balance of..." I didn't hear much of anything else. I didn't care what the old lady said, I continued with my nagging on me trying to get the old man to teach me his way cool moves.
The old man was finally getting annoyed of me, or at least finally noticed me. "Argh! You run through my fields bringing a demon into my rice fields and expect me to teach you magic? I'll show you magic!" The man brought out a "Stop" sign (har har) and attempted to stick it to my body, but I quickly evaded. "You aren't going to get rid of me that easily," I teased and stuck my tongue at them. Apparently, what I thought of as a joke extremely surprised the old man and the old lady.
"Hmmm... this young child... has some potential... no, he has a lot of potential. It would be detrimental if he were to fall into the wrong hands... alright, Hoho, I will allow you to stay with your farming position in so much that you train this child... teach him your understandings..."
"yea yea yea!" I said. "I'm sorry about the plants and swamp! I'll promise to make it up to you by replanting them and protecting them for you!!! Pleeeeaaaasse?" I begged.
The old man thought, and paced around and rubbing his beard. "Training a child... it might be difficult, but it is something that I have always longed to do. And, since the child offers to help me with my farming... It is done."

Hence, for many years, I stayed with the old man and learned many of his skills. I also learned many of his ideologies, and found them very intriguing yet correct, in a sense. For one, the old man never purposely killed, and in fact is rather hesitant to kill; he always rather tries to drive any annoyance away with his magic attacks.
"But," I brought up one day, "What if the person comes back stronger, or with more people to try and destroy your rice paddies?"
The old man chuckled. "That's why you never show your true potential to your opponent. Always let them think you are that strong, and do not show that you are stronger, until they come back and find out that you are. And even then, do not show them your strongest powers."
So, from then on, all of my tricks and skills are not revealing of my true potential. Whether I shall ever come to a day where I must use my true potential is uncertain, but as of yet... there is still question within others on how strong I am, or the old man is. Perhaps even I do not know...

One day, when most of my training has been completed and I really had nothing to do other than work for the old man, the old lady came down again and talked to the old man.
"The fight is not going well... tyger is holding for us, but I am not sure if we will last. However, I think I might have a solution... but it seems a rather odd and strange method. Nevertheless... there was a prophecy that I had forgotten about which involves a specific being coming to this world and chaos erupting. The prophecy, I have read, continues with the departure of the being returning to his original homeland and restoring order in this world. However... it calls for an accomplice... Hoho?"
"Nope, I'm not leaving my fields for some weird trip to this kid's home. But I guess he's done anyway, so I'll let you take him away... Got all his stuff packed and everything."
I ran inside and ran out, taking out some suitcases that apparently surprised Old Lady Destiney.
"But... wait... eer... If you don't go, then who will go?" Destiney asked.
"The only one able to open doors for this kid," Hoho chuckled and pointed at the Destiney.
Destiney groaned. "How did fate choose me to become a babysitter?"
"Hey!" I said, no longer a child. "I'm a teenager now! You can't say that!!" I complained.
"O great, all the more better..." Destiney mumbled.

And so a big portal door opened up and I went back to the world of digletts and ASB Towers I had been in before. Though, not in a particularly pleasant area.

"Old Lady Destiney?" I called out into a dark moonlit alley. "Eer... where am I supposed to go? where did you go? Hello? Anyone???"
I walked around for a while, a bit tense, when suddenly I heard a charger charging from the side. I immediately stepped to the side as a blast of energy fired right by me and destroyed the brick wall I was leaning upon.
"A dark minion of my counterpart," Said an armored fellow walking out from the opening of the alley. His face soon shown upon the moonlight, as I met with my former friend, the bully, in all his shining armor.

No comments: