19.3.04

Statistics show...

that only 1 out 5 people truly got the puns not long after I started the pun chain. Another 2 were rather slow, but eventually got it; The other 2 had the puns fly right over their heads.

RO gets credit for being the first one to get it, and being the only one to give the "man, you're such a nerd" face:

TheMysteriousBox: yo RO
RiOrius: Aye?
TheMysteriousBox: ever thought of majoring in mathematics?
RiOrius: Considered it, but I doubt it; either Comp Sci or engineering are my current plans.
TheMysteriousBox: well, it has its positives and negatives, though
RiOrius: Mathematics only really sets you up to be a math professor, right?
TheMysteriousBox: it has roots to many of your answers
TheMysteriousBox: I myself am interested in imaginary numbers
TheMysteriousBox: though I hear its a complex field
RiOrius: Is this just a list of puns about math?
TheMysteriousBox: no, I'm just pondering the problem of my career
TheMysteriousBox: though I think by pursuing a degree in math I can head towards the right angle
RiOrius: Hardee har har.
TheMysteriousBox: you have little sense of math humor. :P
TheMysteriousBox: or maybe it's be cosine acute.
TheMysteriousBox: are you absolutely tired of my conversation?
TheMysteriousBox: should I differentiate my conversation to more subjects?
TheMysteriousBox: or should I integrate them together?
RiOrius: -.-'
TheMysteriousBox: hey, thinking up these puns take force x acceleration, you know
TheMysteriousBox: takes*
TheMysteriousBox: you should give a little extra credit to me :P
TheMysteriousBox: o I am REAL bad in physics XD

Sal2 gets the credit for having the longest conversation with math puns and has the fame of actually breaking my chain, though he had absolutely (no pun intended) no clue what I was doing at all.

TheMysteriousBox: Say, have you ever thought of majoring in mathematics?
Numberonemole: No, it sounds boring and linear
TheMysteriousBox: well, it has its positives and negatives
Numberonemole: To boring for me
TheMysteriousBox: though I particularly am interested in imaginary numbers
TheMysteriousBox: however, I hear its a complex field
TheMysteriousBox: you know, I think a degree in math may point me in the right angle
Numberonemole: Numbers are number, they serve a purpose I know, but not real enough
TheMysteriousBox: after all, it does give you the roots to all your answers
Numberonemole: I think all the real advances in science come from the field
TheMysteriousBox: you can really integrate it into your life
Numberonemole: Not punching in number, but actually doing things
Numberonemole: That is why I have always wanted to be a paleoarcheologist
TheMysteriousBox: but math can be differentiated into many different types
Numberonemole: But it still involved just using numbers..not real enough
TheMysteriousBox: well, nothing is ever absolute
Numberonemole: I perfer touching things, actually seeing them, not imagining them in a perfect system with numbers and such
Numberonemole: I mean, number make space travel sound boring..with their formulas and stuff..I mean space travels..numbers become just...well numbers..after a while
Numberonemole: I thought you wanted to be a brain surgen *cannot spell word so I won't try*
Numberonemole: *pokes Boxo* You still their?
TheMysteriousBox: math is tangible
Numberonemole: I know this
Numberonemole: However, it is generally not "math is tangible" , it is "math can be tangible"
TheMysteriousBox: well, everything real is still relative
TheMysteriousBox: so what may be absolute may actually be negative
Numberonemole: I perfer things to appear real. I perfer to touch things
Numberonemole: TO actually find things *Indiana Jones music plays*
TheMysteriousBox: but math solves all your problems
TheMysteriousBox: gets down to the root of it all
Numberonemole: I perfer to live wildly
Numberonemole: WO number
TheMysteriousBox: many people can live with the chaos theory
TheMysteriousBox: its quite a variable life
Numberonemole: I don't like formulas to decide my life
TheMysteriousBox: but you must formulate how you spend your time
Numberonemole: Why
TheMysteriousBox: or else you may end up with zero
Numberonemole: Whats wrong with being random
TheMysteriousBox: you can still work with randomness
Numberonemole: I'll take my chances with Zero
Numberonemole: While zero my mean bad, living wildly is much fun
TheMysteriousBox: its highly probable.
Numberonemole: Eventually all of us will reach zero no matter what
Numberonemole: Just depends when and how and where
TheMysteriousBox: alas, that is the sequence of life
TheMysteriousBox: but even the most random acts can be calculated
Numberonemole: Yes, and I really don't want my life to be a math problem
TheMysteriousBox: but you may solve it for your answers
Numberonemole: Why use math to solve my problems
Numberonemole: When I can find the answers my self
Numberonemole: One might be more effencient...but much less fun
Numberonemole: And the other is an adventure
Numberonemole: Aw man..I sound like an idealist
TheMysteriousBox: well, the mind is a complex equation
Numberonemole: Some more than others...
TheMysteriousBox: you must use your imaginary numbers to make your ideas real
TheMysteriousBox: or at least, integrate them
TheMysteriousBox: stuck, cosine too acute for u?
Numberonemole: Huh?
Numberonemole: I am talking to a couple people
Numberonemole: I didn't know you talked
Numberonemole: Hm
TheMysteriousBox: your idea of life is a hyperbole
TheMysteriousBox: you must simplify it
Numberonemole: You can use imaginary numbers to make ideas real, or you can use trail error/seek help/find another way
Numberonemole: Why simplyfy it?
TheMysteriousBox: very well
Numberonemole: Err...simplify
TheMysteriousBox: but it will be hard to work with
Numberonemole: But much more fun
TheMysteriousBox: if you are a mathematican. :-)
Numberonemole: If I let math problems decide my life..that doesn't sound like a life
Numberonemole: That sounds like Algebra class
TheMysteriousBox: life is just one big problem isn't it
Numberonemole: For some people no
Numberonemole: PA doesn't seem to have to many problems to deal with
Numberonemole: For some people, life is unsolvable methinks
TheMysteriousBox: PA is an imaginary figure.
Numberonemole: I PA teh person
Numberonemole: Not PA the RP dude
TheMysteriousBox: as is many of his characters
Numberonemole: I just say PA and PA interchanably
TheMysteriousBox: I'm not sure if you can substitute those two variables
Numberonemole: One seems just as unreal as the other 2
Numberonemole: But one has to exsist.
Numberonemole: Now which one is real..the arrogent person..or teh one who sits at computer most of day
TheMysteriousBox: or maybe they exist when they are integrated together
TheMysteriousBox: when differentiated, they are imaginary.
Numberonemole: Hmmm
Numberonemole: No, one can fly, I don't think Rob can
TheMysteriousBox: but without imaginary, there is no real
Numberonemole: How can you know that? Maybe real is always their, even if we can't imagine
TheMysteriousBox: without imaginary, there would be no PMA we know of
TheMysteriousBox: without real, there would be know imaginary we know of
Numberonemole: I never said Imagining isn't real
Numberonemole: But can real exsist with imgination..I think so
TheMysteriousBox: no, do you realize
Numberonemole: Not to much
TheMysteriousBox: without PMA's imagination, we would never have seen the real PMA
TheMysteriousBox: *curse you you broke my line of puns*
Numberonemole: Huh?
TheMysteriousBox: ...
Numberonemole: Line O' puns?
TheMysteriousBox: your mind is highly simplified, it should be more complex
Numberonemole: WTF?
Numberonemole: Why is my mind simple?
TheMysteriousBox: you must solve the determinant
TheMysteriousBox: I must go solve my own problems.
Numberonemole: I think real life can exsist without imagine..ants seem to know anout reality, evewn though they are incapible of abstract thought

Auto response from TheMysteriousBox: finding the roots of life

Numberonemole: Now what could that mean?
Numberonemole: Hey..put that shovel down..leave that tree alone!!
Numberonemole: Hmm..roots of life
Numberonemole: Now what could boxo be doing...
Numberonemole: Finding roots of life is kinda vague
Numberonemole: He could be doing it to sound all "mysterious" and such...for all I know boxo could be eating...
Numberonemole: Or, perhapes he is "pacing" and thinking..err..calling me simple..ouchy

Other three were more short. Not as entertaining, but quite fun in its own ways.

TheMysteriousBox: ever thought of majoring in mathematics?
MaztaChief117: why?
TheMysteriousBox: well, it has its positives and negatives
MaztaChief117: ?
TheMysteriousBox: I mean, you can find the roots to all your questions
MaztaChief117: heh
TheMysteriousBox: I myself am particularly interested in imaginary numberes
TheMysteriousBox: though I heard its a complex field
TheMysteriousBox: but nevertheless I believe a degree in mathematics will head me towards the right angle
MaztaChief117: intended pun?
TheMysteriousBox: you have no sense of math humor :P
TheMysteriousBox: or maybe its just be cosine acute
MaztaChief117: lol
MaztaChief117: Do greek cows say 'mew?'
MaztaChief117: there is some math humore
MaztaChief117: *humor
TheMysteriousBox: weak :P
TheMysteriousBox: you need to integrate your skills with more knowledge

TheMysteriousBox: Prof, ever thought of majoring in mathematics?
ProfJbWolf: Gah, lord no
TheMysteriousBox: but it really has its positives and negatives
TheMysteriousBox: you can roots to your answers
TheMysteriousBox: a good area to go into is imaginary numbers
TheMysteriousBox: though I hear its a complex field
TheMysteriousBox: but you should try for mathematics, integrate it into your life
TheMysteriousBox: getting a degree can really put you in the right angle of your career
ProfJbWolf: *Blinks* Owning a restaurant/inn/pub?
TheMysteriousBox: you can certainly set the dimensions of your foundation :P

TheMysteriousBox: hey, have you ever thought of pursuing a career in math?
SongstressLenne9: hell no
TheMysteriousBox: well
TheMysteriousBox: I suggest you should
TheMysteriousBox: I mean, it has its positives and negatives
SongstressLenne9: ...
SongstressLenne9: you haven't seen my math skill then
TheMysteriousBox: and it can show the roots of all your answers
SongstressLenne9: or lack of :p
TheMysteriousBox: well I suggest taking a look at imaginary numbers
TheMysteriousBox: I heard its a complex field, but you can manage
SongstressLenne9: what exactly am i sending to you?
TheMysteriousBox: a degree in math can really put you in the right angle of things
SongstressLenne9: is that a pun?
TheMysteriousBox: perhaps
TheMysteriousBox: cosine acute at these things
TheMysteriousBox: could you differentiate that?
SongstressLenne9: no
TheMysteriousBox: its really just simplifying
SongstressLenne9: coh...cosine = opposite over adjacent
TheMysteriousBox: to single variable terms

Beware the geekness. It pervades.

EDIT: The ultimate show of ignorance. From a super math whiz too.

TheMysteriousBox: Carryll, you're good at math
TiGrBabY99: lol thanks for overflowing my cell
TiGrBabY99: uh
TheMysteriousBox: ever thought of majoring in mathematics?
TiGrBabY99: why
TiGrBabY99: lol no
TheMysteriousBox: I was just thinking
TiGrBabY99: hehe why
TheMysteriousBox: because it has its positives and negatives
TiGrBabY99: yea...
TheMysteriousBox: I mean, you can integrate into real life and find the roots of all your answers
TheMysteriousBox: but at times, it could also be a problem
TiGrBabY99: hehe yea it could be problems...
TheMysteriousBox: you what's real interesting? imaginary numbers
TiGrBabY99: haha
TheMysteriousBox: I heard its a complex field
TiGrBabY99: why
TiGrBabY99: i dont know though~ i dont think i would be happy doing mathematics all the time
TiGrBabY99: i like to create things
TiGrBabY99: hopefully i can be like a designer or something too
TheMysteriousBox: though I really think if I tried to pursue a degree in mathematics, it could set me in the right angle
TheMysteriousBox: just got to differentiate between the different fields
TheMysteriousBox: probability seems highly unlikely for me
TheMysteriousBox: I need to be real determinant to work with matrices
TiGrBabY99: ooh
TiGrBabY99: would u really want to though?
TheMysteriousBox: I guess it could be a variable life
TiGrBabY99: i mean u WOULD have plenty of things offered for you if u do math
TheMysteriousBox: I dunno, I could always go for a binomial degree
TiGrBabY99: yea..
TiGrBabY99: i dont know though
TiGrBabY99: personally i dont think you would be happy doing that...
TheMysteriousBox: the degree value is yet unknown
TiGrBabY99: hehe yea

No comments: