6.7.06

Short summary of AX2006

Alright, I could BS a really cool and lengthy article on AX, but I'll just bullet some important points and that'll be all. :p

- Not as good as last year, but still kind of fun.
- Only plan that went right was that my plans would go wrong... and they did. :/ But its all right, in the end still had fun and the events were cool.
-Yocuza + CooRie Concert: Introduced Da Capo to a Da Capo-clueless AX audience. Also for no apparent reason, since neither the anime nor the game is coming to America anytime soon. So why they placed so much emphasis on Da Capo is still a mystery. But Da Capo is cool, so everything is all right. The concert was good, but it is still trivial compared to the KOTOKO concert last year. Nothing in AX can probably beat the KOTOKO concert in 2005. Except maybe another KOTOKO concert.
-Doujin Game Tournament: My partner for the tournament got us to 3rd place in EFZ, I mostly did nothing but lose to the other team. :p
-Stuff I got: Elfen Lied Anime Volume 4 (complete ripoff, I probably could have gotten it cheaper at Fry's), Fruits Basket 8-12 Manga (for my sister), "Hane" CD by KOTOKO, Ragnarok Battle Offline Vol. 3 (also a ripoff, only one stage and it costed 12 dollars!), Ichigo Marshmellow Vol. 1 (I won it :O!!!), this random "dating sim" thought not really dating game I got for attending a panel
-Cosplayers: First day I found like, 4 RO cosplayers. Second day I found like, 3. Third day, there was this HUGE gathering of RO cosplayers and I was like /omg /omg /omg at the number of RO cosplayers... O.O in other news, I thought there were a lot more loligothika cosplayers this year, but my friend says its probably just because I notice them now in the crowd and that last year I didn't know enough about loligothika to notice that they were all around me... So maybe that's the case. Too much /c/ for me...

That's all I can think of for today. COME TO AX 2007!!!!

No comments: