25.7.06

Jigoku Shoujo Finished

Overall, I only give it a average "great" rating.

It could have been better. The artwork and overall plotline was very good. The characters were intriguing, BUT, they didn't emphasize enough on the characters. By characters, I mean the three accomplices that Jigoku Shoujo had: if they had episodes on their history, origins, or whatever, that would be awesome. But instead, they had a lot of fillers with sending people to hell, which, while cool at first, began getting quite redundant and a poor excuse for a filler. The overall plotline was good and something to think about, although there was a sense of "its not done yet" left at the end, possibly making the watcher want more. And I hate that feeling.

Speaking of more, someone mentioned there's a 2nd season of the series. *sigh* Well, at least they might focus on the accomplices this time.

The symbolism in the episodes seems interesting. There's the cherry, the spider (I always thought it represented the grandma), the doll (which is the old man) and its string (the scarf), and other things, I think, I forgot.

No comments: