26.5.08

Indiana Jones, Kimikiss, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody

Two quick short writeups on my opinions on these two visual works.

Indiana Jones was fun to watch, as I had expected. Unfortunately its plot was quite weak and the romance portion was lame, but the point of the show was to have Indy be awesome and have some comedic moments once in a while (the romance helps with that, admittedly). So, it doesn't really matter that the plotline sucked. Still, it would have been nice if they were more coherent with these things. Additionally, sometimes the characters like Indy mumbled and I couldn't figure out what they were saying; that's a bit annoying too.
I would also like to comment on the feasibility of surviving an atomic bomb while staying in a refrigerator, but when consulting a physics major he said it was narrowly possible. And since narrowly possible always means Indiana Jones can do it, I accept it as feasible and not impossible, like some things that are shown in anime. Everything Indiana Jones does is almost impossible but because there's a low chance of success he succeeds. (That's what heroes do, they turn 0.01% success into 100% success!) It was cool though, surviving an atomic blast in a refrigerator. :V

Kimikiss Pure Rouge was a random typical high school romance anime I happened to pick up. Nothing in it stands out in a particular, in fact it could be said as the most normal high school romance anime I've ever found. The art design isn't even that great. But I was quite attracted to the character personalities in the anime, which I found much more realistic (and less emo) than many other characters in romance and high school anime. For the most part most of the characters did not have me crying in agony and for those that did, it was only for a short while before they shaped up and I was like "huh, pretty smart". Unlike some anime where the protagonist never learns throughout the entire series (or takes the entire series to learn). So, I thought the characters were pretty good.
I really liked the ending to the first season of the anime, for whatever reason.

NOW I SHALL BREAK FROM MY CONTINUOUS ANIME WATCHING TO DO A WEEKS WORTH OF PRACTICE IN SWR. This game is IMMENSELY confusing, even more so than IaMP was. The graze system is slightly different in that you can graze in more directions, and you have to let go of the graze key each time in order to change direction. Grazing and using projectiles is ranked by these little orb things, and if you forget to let go of the key you'll use up all your orbs and be powerless, which proves to be a huge inconvenience.
There is only ONE melee button (therefore ONE close range button) and two projectile buttons. This wouldn't have been a problem except that the former character I used in IaMP, Alice, always had A as her long range and B as her short range SO I GET SO CONFUSED and keep on using the wrong button when I want to use melee. D:
THERE IS AN AWESOME CARD SYSTEM but it's going to take a hell of a long time to get used to. It's almost as if the game is a card game + fighting game in one, in that you can build your own "deck" of spellcards that you draw and depending on your deck you can affect the outcome of your power moves.
There's also some weather system but I haven't seen too much about that yet. So far it doesn't affect me too much, but I'm sure it will eventually... I just have to figure out what button does what first, then I'll work on more of the specific nifty details of this game...

No comments: