4.11.08

Election Day

In what I regard as an interesting act on my part, I did actually took the initiative to submit a ballot today. I say this is interesting because I had and currently still have the mindset that many fervent patriots and campaigners fear the most: that I don't care too much about the election, that I don't regard my vote as being of high value, and that ultimately whatever results I'm going to deal with it. So it comes to the question as to why I voted in the first place.

I discussed this with a few of my friends already, since the whole voting propaganda was EVERYWHERE so you couldn't avoid one or two conversations with it. My main reason for voting is....stupid people.

As I stated earlier, I'm not too concerned for the outcome of the elections and hold no real favors as to whether I'm democrat or republican. (Actually if it ever had the chance I'd vote Green Party) But once in a while I go in and read people's arguments. It could have been anyone's argument from either side. I read them and I OTL. I can't stand the amount of ferventness they have when they know so little about the subject, researched so little on the other side yet condemning them so much. This person was my one reason to vote. I had to cancel out at least this person's ferventness, make at least one stupid person's vote neutralized. I cannot say I did any more than that.

There you go already. I voted, not because of patriotism, not because I favor a particular party, not because I think my vote will do any better, not because of the chickens (although that proposition WAS quite amusing to me), but because of stupid people.

...My god, stupid people, I wish you guys would stop voting so I don't have to counteract... *sigh*. Yes, Americans, let the stupid people vote to keep me voting.

EDIT: LOL MY FRIEND JUST MADE ME THINK UP THE BEST PHRASE TO DESCRIBE ME: "Tsundere Voter"

No comments: