14.11.10

HAKUMEI



well this is an unusual concept. VY1 (I'm not sure if I mentioned this before) is a characterless vocaloid, therefore does not have its own icon. Supposedly its supposed to be genderless too (ie can be male or female). When it first came out, I (and probably many other people) listened to a few songs but were pretty disappointed; I basically thought it was pretty much a miku clone.

I canNOT say the same for this song.

There is still some semblance to Miku, but definitely whoever made this song put out the full potential of VY1, which is supposed to be a "professional" VOCALOID (not that the others aren't professional... well, whatever that word means anyway). Props to convincing us the potential of VY1, just like MeltDown presented the potential of Rin (which, btw, I am not very satisfied with any other Rin song beside that one, which is really disappointing).

Also, this song has been going up the charts slowly and surely, which is actually kind of neat. Sort of like, the underdog pushing through the chart full of Mikus? :V

EDIT: I need to make an additional comment about the character presented in this song "Oniko". Apparently its a supposed moe representation of the Chinese insult "Japanese Devils", which is the otaku counter to the growing Chinese/Japanese tensions. :/ While I do appreciate the song itself to be quite a masterpiece, I don't think the Japanese fanbase should take something like this in such a light fashion, especially since there's a reason why Chinese are typically so rather hateful to the Japanese with references to the past. Perhaps I am just young and not understanding, but I can say "bygones be bygones" and acknowledge what happened in the past, yet also acknowledge what is different now. However, people like these really need to learn WHY such a statement came up to being in the first place (it might be more of a government censoring problem though) and not just make a play on words on such sensitive topics.

On the other hand, the Chinese might need to loosen up their hatred, since hatred really doesn't get anywhere imo. I think the Chinese have been doing that already though I can't say for sure.

Although... if China Extremists are going to hate Japan, don't freakin fall through your devotion just because a 14 year old girl with larger-than-usual chests was crying, "Don't hate Japan ;o;". Which happened. That in itself gives them an excuse to make something like this. -_-;;

tl;dr song is nice content is questionable.

EDIT2: additional info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinomoto_Oniko

No comments: