5.8.06

Most hilarious thing I've seen in a while

http://www.trevreport.org/moetrans.shtml

moetan, English for Otakus. This reminds me of the days where I was talking about making chibi chars of elements for ochem... I bet if that were to happen, suddenly many otaku will be skilled in chemistry... XD

It also brings me to a topic I was talking with a guildmate last night, on the influence of lolicon/moe and the habits it brings (ie pedophilia, molestation crimes). I thought about it for a long while, and all in all it presents a dilemma that obviously isn't easily solved. There was a similar topic I think in the animenewsnetwork forum on some person's rant on lolicon... I think this will be a rather major issue in the American anime culture later on. While I still have trouble making a stable argument since I'm opt to listen to everyone and then try to make a reasonable argument for my point of view. Everyone of course makes good points but the whole thing with moralists saying we're all pedophiles and deserved to be punished is a little extreme since I know I have a slight attraction to moe yet I also have a moral conscience.

All in all I think the only thing I can say about now is that I believe in the general population of Moe-otaku, nobody wants to hurt little children for their pleasures... there's probably going to be some guy who wants to go and hunt little children to his own dirty ideas, but generalizing the entire group like that is unnecessary. In terms of "encouraging behavior", it will frequently be regarded in the same way violence in video games encourages violence irl. This is what I have gathered so far.

I hope that this business will not get out of hand. :/

No comments: