23.2.09

Mokke

Ever since I slowed down on playing Disgaea I've been finishing random anime series here and there, but mostly been too lazy to write anything about them. However, since I really liked Mokke and it's not really known, I thought I should make a post or something about it. The aspects of Mokke remind me somewhat of Aria, although Mokke definately has more of a supernatural feeling, rather than a tranquil feeling which Aria provides. Instead of providing an ideal utopia setting that any audience would desire to live in, Mokke puts various everyday life troubles in a supernatural setting, using (I'm assuming) actual references to traditional japanese folklore. Even when a watcher may know next to nothing about japanese folklore, though, the whole mystical setting is attractive.
Admittedly, one of the main reasons that I started watching the series and I continue to watch it was because I thought one of the characters was quite cute in appearance and in personality. It was when I played the Da Capo visual novel that I realized I was probably attracted to the character (that character being the older sister that can see things) because the character reminded me so much of Kotori, not just in appearance and personality but also in (in some sense) her "special power". The little sister was not as "appealing", so to speak, but a well-developed character regardless. I liked the grandfather character a lot, though; his whole understandable knowledge on all the spiritual facts combined with his appearing-cold-and-strict-but-quite-caring personality was pretty cool.
None of the series had any real connection with each other, which is good in some sense so that one would not need to watch the series in order. However I was a bit sad (though its understandable) because I was hoping for some reappearance of some characters or spirits, like the one spirit that tried to encourage a classmate of the older sister to hit on her. :V Haha that one was funny, it even had fanservice :V

ANYWAY IN OTHER NEWS I watched Coraline, which was pretty good, visually. I thought the plot could have been more developed and was speedy at times (I felt it in the American voices, it felt like there were gaps sometimes where there shoudl have been more explanation). This is too bad because the movie wasn't that long in the first place, but maybe because of all the 3D effects they didn't want to make the movie too long or something.

But Mokke is better. Watch Mokke. :D

No comments: