1.2.09

Verbal is the Bane of my Existence

I have two things to talk about and they have nothing to do with the title. Or with each other.

Recently I watched and finished ToLOVERu. Again, not exactly one of those awesomely great anime to watch but the preference at the time of deciding what anime to start watching was that of a slapstick comedy that had some cuteness in it. Well, I was starting Hidamari Sketch x365 but it was getting a bit slow for me, albeit it's still a fun show to watch. But ToLOVERu seemed like the one to marathon for the weekend.
Obviously with its 90% ecchi references its not a show that should be taken seriously. Plotwise, there wasn't much to expect, but at some points it was disappointing how an episode would end and the situation in the episode wasn't completely resolved (before they start a new episode about something completely different). It would be nice if they at least resolved issues in the episode itself, or showed how the entire group overcame a giant volcano explosion... oh well what can you expect.
Character cuteness got a high ranking for ToLOVERU. The character designs are the cliche anime moe type, which is understandable since it probably comes from a visual novel with the cliche CG moe type. Not that I mind at all. :V The main character Lala is rather immature at times, so although she looks cute I don't think she's quite the appropriate personality; the main (normal) girl Haruna is much cuter. However the cutest girl in the series has to go to the one that's not even a girl half the time... the concept itself is quite funny already but they top it off by making the girl form of Ran so cute~!! Although in my logical reasoning I have my qualms but then, how can I make any logical reasonings with a character that changes sex when it sneezes. I think it was just some Ranma logic lurking in me. Speaking of other anime it's quite glaringly obvious that one of the characters in the anime is COMPLETELY RIPPED OFF OF SOME PARTICULAR SHONEN ANIME/MANGA WHOSE NAME REPRESENTS AN ANIMAL ASSOCIATED WITH BAD LUCK AND HALLOWEEN. Not just "hey she looks like this char" or "hey they ripped off the char design from this char"; its "lets take this entire character from a different anime and place her ad verbatim into this one. Might as well call this a generous cameo for that character. (Not that I minded much; even though I never finished Black Cat, that character was my favorite in the anime, although in ToLOVERu I thought the char was a bit unrealistic to be cute).
The music is futsuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Not terrible, not awesomely great either. Just catchy enough to be worth downloading whenever I get the time.

The second topic involves a program I made at work internship ( :( ): an XML user interface generator. You can read the incredibly short document with big pictures associated with the file. Since anyone that would possibly read this blog probably doesn't have any XML file at hand, I'm fairly confident that the program will work with HTML too since HTML is almost considered an XML document itself; however, you might get some funky results since it wasn't suited for HTML use. (I could probably change it so any XML document can work, but I'm lazy and this was all my group needed to work efficiently.
Analogies should make sense and be reasonable, dammit.
Stupid blog website that doesn't let you upload small files! >:O Or maybe it does and I'm too stupid/lazy to figure it out. >.> <.<

No comments: