4.12.09

New Vocaloids

General overview/opinion:

miki: Sounds a lot like Miku. Maybe too much like Miku. There is a VERY slight difference... I can't quite describe it, I think its like miki maybe has more of a sore throat than Miku...? o_O Well she IS a robot so perhaps the artificial sound is supposed to be her appeal. I don't quite like it though, I'm rather disappointed.
Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsVv_fWJF64
(I like this miki song actually its pretty fun, but doesn't this seem REMARKABLY FAMILIAR TO ANOTHER GUMI SONG I'VE SEEN BEFORE...????)

Yuki: Excellent, she pretty much sounds like a younger version of GUMI. Her voice is very cute, and she can even do normal speech rather well (hence her currently most popular song, a upbeat rap-like song). I'm quite impressed with her, even her character design is pretty awesome. I believe she has a lot of potential.
I don't really like this song too much since its more rap-style but it definitely shows her potential.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEAn01oNxRA

Kiyo: Eeeeh... well, I THINK he's better than the other Vocaloids, but... still not up to par with the girls. Except that I think the way he sings makes him sound like a girl, his voice range seems too high. Well, I guess its progress, but IMHO the male vocaloids still need a lot of work. I think though, in terms of quality of voice, Kiyo is to the rest of the male vocaloids (so far) in how Miku was to the previous vocaloids of her generation: more higher pitched, but noticably better quality, even if its still not quite there yet. I doubt Kiyo will be getting as much popularity as Miku though. :V

At least I think his char design is cool!

EDIT2: For Kiyo, since I didn't have a sample for him I liked at first, I have this one. His voice again isn't the best but I like this song. :V
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8998660

EDIT: FOR MY OWN FUTURE REFERENCE THE JAPANESE NAME FOR YUKI: 歌愛ユキ

No comments: