11.11.03

For Better or Worse

"I once complained about not having shoes until I saw a man that had no feet." -Arab Proverb. (Or something similar to that)

Its interesting how I view life all the time: I always look at how Arcadia High School is better than here, how that chess player is better than me, how they can play the piano better than I can... I never look at material items, but nevertheless, the same point can still be made. I never really contemplated that I could have been stuck at a gang sort of school or with no education at all; that I may have been stuck farming in the Cultural Revolution rather than sitting at home playing chess; that I even know what a Piano is. I am in fact very grateful that I can know all this.
Then again, to get to where I am, my parents had to look at a situation better than theirs and do stuff about it. Same goes for here I guess: I have to look at who's playing better than me, and learn from him.
So... be happy with what you have, but look at other people happier than you so you can humble yourself and try to be like them. ok then. -???

No comments: