21.2.10

Geoengineering - Opinions?

I'm interested in knowing what people (ie all two of you) think about the concept of Geoengineering. Because I'm lazy and don't want to do a lengthy explanation of what geoengineering is, I give you a link that gives a good idea.

http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2010/02/the-latest-on-hacking-the-planet.html

As for my own opinion, I find it fascinating. I know the moral standings and the significant consequences on what would happen if things went wrong, but its one of those "lets try it for the good of the world and see what happens!" things, I think.

1 comment:

The Spatula said...

I'm usually slightly paranoid to do such large scale tinkering with the planet - if things mess up, it's not like you can get a new Earth or easily undo things. At the same time, it's important to think about ways to improve things.