29.4.10

Miku APPEND (is out)

This post will be edited and updated as I listen to more variations.

Miku Append-

Dark: First instinct, sounds like Kaai Yuki. I mean, a lot. A little later it starts sounding a bit like Miku again, but I was like "wait, is this really append, or Yuki? :V" EDIT- DARK SOUNDS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH LIKE YUKI EDIT2- In another "comparison" song it sounds more original and so realistic... not bad.

Soft: This one sounds good. It sounds like an actual improvement of Miku. I think I'm going to like this version of Miku. EDIT- further listening, it's still distinctly Miku. I think there is improvement but maybe not as different as GUMI. Which could be a good thing I think. EDIT2- Actually I think Soft and Sweet sound a lot alike...? o_O Maybe Soft sounds more like Miku than Sweet... maybe the other way around.
EEEEH ABOUT THE SAME, SOFT AND SWEET. :V


Sweet: I don't seem to hear a difference at all... it could be my speakers, or it could be the producer. :V Will edit to confirm this later. EDIT2- WHAT I THOUGHT WAS SOFT AT FIRST TURNED OUT TO BE SWEET. Which sounded soft. And pretty good. Append is doing a good job... Actually it seems that Sweet is more "gentle" than soft.

Solid: Okay, this sounds like some cross between Miku and GUMI. Well, much more Miku. it does get the "Solid" theme across, I think, in that I suppose the voice is more crisp and clear (thereby sounding like a very confident Miku). So, not really GUMI at all. (GUMI seems like a confident character though, so that's why I think it sounds similar) First impressions must wait until the song has steadily progressed!

Light: 100% Miku. It's like this was Miku's default. Possibly even MORE Mikuized than the original Miku... but since you can't really be more original than the original that's probably not true. :V Former Miku fans would probably like this voice the best, since... it sounds just like Miku. CORRECTED: Light actually does have a more heavenly, "angelic" feel to it, as if Miku died and became an angel to sing. See "Vivid".

Vivid: WTF, this sounds exactly like Miku except the volume is slightly raised. IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY EARS??? I mean, even more Miku than "Light". "Light" at least was more... "higher" in a sense? In that she seemed to expressedly show her more lightweight side in her voice. Vivid is just like, the producer telling Miku to sing louder. :V VIVID. IS. THE. SAME. VOICE.

EDIT2- They posted a comparison song. BTW: SWEET + SOFT + DARK = AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG (This means apparently you can stack different modes together to create different kinds of voices... this gives a LOT more variety to Miku than before under the assumption that three of them don't already sound like Miku already...)



ANYONE HAVE ANY DIFFERENT OPINIONS? :V

EDIT3: Self promotion issue I CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY I'M THE FIRST PERSON TO REPORT ABOUT NICO APPEND SONGS SINCE IT CAME OUT. Nevermind that I practically ignored any of the sample songs and had to look into other sources to learn when new append models/pics came out on the official site... :V

EDIT4: Current conclusions:

1. Dark is the best.
2. Sweet and Soft come in as definitely the second best. I think depending on who's using the voice and how, either one can work. From the comparison song, though, My opinion is shifted towards Sweet as being the better one (but then again, I heard some of the (sample?) songs and in those cases Soft sounded better than Sweet, so again it probably depends on the producer and how he uses Miku's voice.)
3. In terms of originality, Solid is better than Light in the sense that it sounds less Miku-ish. However, in my preference (possibly due to all the exposure of Miku songs) I think I like Light better than Solid. The weightless feel is pretty nice to the ears, whereas I think the sense of confidence Miku has in solid may not be quite as appealing, at least not in Miku.
4. Vivid. IS. Miku. (the original) wtf :(

No comments: