22.10.06

Raven's EFZ Gathering "Ranbato 1"

In an ironic twist of fate I happened to be placed in the easiest bracket in the EFZ tournament, and ended up somehow beating everyone in the bracket landing me in 4th place in terms of points... o_O I thought that was rather hilarious. But honestly, how the scores turned out should have been more evened out, I should be placed lower while Zaido and MTP should have been placed higher... I think it would have been good if I was tied with Evo instead of being above him since I think he is probably closer to my level in EFZ, if not higher.

But anyway, here is my excuses for somehow winning the bracket. I apologize once more for analyzing these people without their permission, and if you guys somehow stumble onto my blog >.> uh, sorry :P hope you're not offended :(

1. Rightot- He's a fairly typical beginning/intermediate player and presents a good challenge to me. Mainly because, I usually do fall for similar (and stupid) mistakes over again and I need to work on those... either learn how to avoid them, or to RG better XP But his combos are not really any good... most advanced seems to be the basic AABBCC combo everyone uses. I think because he wasn't able to execute long 3k combos is why I was able to beat him, because he certainly had the chance to do so.
Also, he doesn't do the wall slam >>> Level 3 Sayuri skill that everyone has learn to hate very well. When he learns to master that he will be a deadly foe to compete with.
2. Evospace- I am completely serious when I say the "2-0" win for me against him was a fluke. Honestly I'd probably more expect a 2-1 loss with me being the loser, but I do think there are several reasons for this. One, is that he uses Ikumi; Ikumi, I believe, is the worst character to use against Misuzu, being very terrible in the air while Misuzu can just dash over most of Ikumi's ground attacks (or lay a book trap!). The second reason I think I won was because I played him first, and while I had already played one game of EFZ in the tournament (along with having practiced EFZ during the week before) who knows how long he had touched EFZ before the tournament had begun. Afterwards he obviously did better (he won against the other people in the bracket) but that was after my game.
3. Joe- Um... if he practiced and played EFZ more often, I think he would have been able to beat me by now. But at the tournament, I think he was just free points for everyone in our bracket... in a way, that's kind of the reason why our results were skewed...
In return for my unusual victory in the C bracket, I was the official donor of points in the MBAC tournament. I was lucky that I even gave Joe a challenge by finally being able to pull off a dragonpunch motion :p But, as you can see from the results, Joe got some points in MBAC!

Some comments on other people I played:
4. Zaido- Is a cool guy, plays like a pro, and makes our matches fun and entertaining. You'll notice in my match against him that I get completely screwed over, mainly because I wasn't sure when was an attack point when he was pressuring me with Minagi (and also because of the flaming rice ticket). I did do sort of ok (except I messed up on all my combos) when I found an opening but then I died shortly thereafter.
We had fun casuals after. He mentions about this one fight where "the world freezes" when I summoned Yukito right when he was launching the blood mine super that Ikumi has... :p and we did fun random crap in practice mode that you can't do alone (like RG and testing Kaori's super thingy).

5. Psylocke- In a sense he seems like a complete opposite of a player than me; he's really good with his combos when he finds an opening, but he doesn't know a lot about the game play yet, or about his character. He tends to turtle a lot without much idea of how to get out of it, which puts him in dire situations when he was playing me (or, even worse, if he had played Raven) since I often use throws nowadays when I get tired of people turtling...I'd say he would be about the same level as I am as a player, and him getting only 1 point was really unfair in the EFZ tournament.

6. Kyle- I didn't play him in the tournament, but since I'm analyzing a bunch of people I might as well include some other people I played also. I think he's worth mentioning in that he's really good at punishing; if you make a mistake, you're screwed with his character. Well, his character IS a one-chance "you better not screw up or you'll get grabbed and creamed" type of character... In any case, I lost a lot of games to him because of my clumsiness and tendency to make mistakes, and unlike other players I played yesterday if I mess up he doesn't just do a 1k simple combo to me; he takes out 3/4ths of my health.

7. Raven- there's a reason why he's the most feared EFZ player on the west coast.

There are others of course (tekken and lina) but for the time being I'll leave them out. I never played Lina yesterday anyway.

In other notes, I think I'll need to get a PS controller to computer adaptor since MBAC is on PS2 and there's no way you can get a keyboard to play MBAC. It's probably useful since the Higarashi game Raven gave me yesterday seems rather difficult to play on keyboard too, along with a few other games (GGXX, possibly Queen of Heart) is better to use the controller instead of the keyboard. Its really tough converting to controller though. Using a thumb to execute all one's moves instead of 3 makes it unusual to play with... I can't do jump AB jump AB in MBAC (fast enough) which really makes me depressed because I would be able to do it on the keyboard. :(

No comments: