5.8.06

Can a Guild live without its head?

Its time to write a little rant about my guild and its performance in WoE. Mainly, the consequences of how we seem to become utter failures whenever our guild leader is not around, which I find rather embarassing.
Now, I understand that WoE is not super important. There are many things I may be "guilty" of, and WoE is not always my top priority for me if I have something else to do. Whether its going out irl or maybe even just "I set this goal to be at this % for my bard so I won't WoE until I get it", as long as its a goal more important than WoE, its a good exuse. HOWEVER, "because the leader is gone" is NOT a good excuse. I find our guild being rather weak seeing how we seem to utterly depend on one person being online in order for us to do decently well; when he's not on, everyone just uses that excuse to not WoE.

Technically, we can still WoE decently without him. One Sin is definately not going to affect the force of TL, but if everyone else doesn't want to WoE just because of him, it will. And yes, I'm saying Tal is given much more credit than he should be given. If our guild is that great, we should be able to live without Tal (since he's gone most of the time anyway). I am staying in the guild and accepting tax (reluctantly) because I believe in the guild, not that one lazy SinX who just sits there complaining he's bored while putting up a recruit sign. Don't get me wrong. Tal has his merits and his skills, and I respect him for his organization skills.

Because APPRENTLY, without him, NOBODY has ANY sense of organization.

No comments: