21.1.07

A few series I picked up on

This will be brief, and mainly just to emphasize what people might be interested in and what series people should avoid.

Mamoru-kun ni Migami no Shukufuku wo!: A horrible series. Rediculously stupid concept, extremely cliche and predictable lines, another impossible "cute girl that can do everything falls in love with dorky looking boy" scenario. I don't suggest anyone to watch it unless they like the art (the art and character design is decent enough). Even the music and the intro is worst I've ever seen.

La Cordo D'oro: A Reverse Harem/Shojo anime. Kind of like a serious Ouran Host Club involving a music school and faries. I find it interesting because its not often in anime (at least, not yet) that one finds such an anime like this which gives different representations of male personalities (since I like to analyze/relate to characters in Anime) so this one doesn't look so bad. It is, at least, not horribly intolerable as some more shonenai-type anime... if anyone enjoys watching bishonen type anime like Ouran this one is pretty good.


Soukou no Strain: A mech series. Not terribly original but it fares well, I suppose, since I can't really predict what's going to happen... I'll see how it goes, assuming it doesn't get licensed or anything (I think its a good chance it could get licensed, kinda like how Coyote Ragtime Show got licensed so I just dropped it :p).

Nodame Cantabile: The best series I've started, yet. The artwork design is not typical anime/CGish type quality, but the concept, characters, story (of episode 1 anyway) and music all make up for it. I'm really liking this anime; its like Honey and Clover in a sense but in a music school instead of an art school, which I feel I can relate to more (since I've had some piano playing experience) than to an art school. Excellent series I think many people would like.

Manabi Straight: A highly otaku/loli-esque show. I don't reccomend it to anyone except for people who like watching anime as eyecandy. The whole purpose of the series is most likely going to be eyecandy, elementary grade school loli eyecandy at that. But if you're one that likes those sort of shows.... this anime is kind of tasty :d.

No comments: