3.1.07

Welcome to NHK

My own personal opinion of the show was that I was frustrated throughout most of it. It's the first show I have seen that portrays pathological liars so well, and from it I can see that I would absolutely detest any pathological liar I would ever come across. Aside from that, the thematic nature of the story is rather admirable. Though the plotline moved around quite a bit and the ending was rather anticlimactic, the one point where Satou's illusions talk about admitting to one's own patheticness struck me as a very good moral for the theme. It also explains 90% of all the /b/tards on 4chan!!

Well, sort of.

Well regardless, its a decent series that I would suggest anyone to watch if they had nothing to watch. I only finished it probably because my friend wanted to get the entire series from me (I think he could only watch half before youtube stopped putting episodes up?) but I wasn't disappointed the series. The character designs are cute enough, as Misaki was the sole reason I started watching the show anyway :p The music is rather strange, EXCEPT for the first season ending: the piano portion at the beginning that plays for like 5 seconds, that part is AWESOME to me for whatever reason. :p
For the characters, all of them are developed, realistic, and interesting in their own way. Of course that doesn't mean I like the characters. After all, the main character is a pathological liar AND and an idiot, the class rep was mean and manipulative (don't like those types too), and the sempai has mental (or drug) issues. But other than that, the sempai was a pretty cool character, Yamazaki is eccentric, smart, and rather admirable in what he did to his crush, and Misaki is cute. Well, ok, not only cute, but I kind of like how they kept Misaki's story a mystery all the way until the end, and revealed her true past. That's probably one of the best developments in NHK, to basically save the main characters' stories till last (except for Satou, or course).
Hmm... SO unlike other shows I watch, this is a show I would suggest to "regular" people. Regular being someone that just wants to watch some good anime, not something so sickeningly cute that you feel like bouncing up and down after watching it. >.> Not that that happens to me, of course... nope not at all...

No comments: