2.1.07

Winter Garden

Definitely the cutest holiday season show for 2006-2007 (better than Ittsudate My Santa). The artwork is spectacularly cute but more natural-looking versions of the previously over-moe-ed series DiGiCharat. It's very nice and I was extremely happy how this simple story played out in a rather cute and light-hearted fashion. There is still that element of randomness that Kobe Dono (is that her name?) puts in, but not the extreme degree that her four-panel DigiCharat comics usually come in (Laser Eye Beam, anyone?). Still, some allusions are quite entertaining, not to mention the utter complete kawaiiness of the entire show...
The plot, like I said, is short and simple. I could probably explain the whole plot in one sentence if it wouldn't be spoiling it for others who might want to watch it. The characters are lively and realistic; additionally, they are quite in contrast to their original persona as Digiko is portrayed much more shy while Puchiko said more in those two episodes than I have ever heard her talk in all the 4 panel comics I've seen of her combined. But some elements remain the same, such as Digiko's clumsiness and Puchiko's utterly ridiculous cuteness. And Puchiko works at McDonalds.
M
Um regardless. The music is rather slow for my tastes, except for the ending song which is cool. I think that though the season is over, this is definately one awesome show to watch if anyone frequents /c/ on 4chan.

No comments: