12.1.07

MY HIGH SCHOOL BLEW UP AND GOT TAKEN OVER BY DEMONS

...well, not really, a slight exaggeration. But it changed a lot and I couldn't figure out where my old teachers were. :( I was sad as I was carrying around a math book to give to my math teacher but I never found her... D:
Apparently the school got in a good lump of money and finished their construction. It was remarkably clean and nice; even the bathrooms seemed new and not disgusting like they used to be. I'm quite amazed and a bit jealous that the students going to COHS now have such better facilities then when I went to the school, when our governor cut like 99.9% of public school funding... ok not really, but still. They have cool science labs! How I was deprived of cool science labs when I was a high school student :( well, now I'm working like 40 hours a week in lab, so I suppose there was time to make up for it.
Other observations: The population seems to remain mostly white and hispanic. I didn't really see many Asians or African-Americans back at COHS. Additionally, a lot of gothics in the high school population. This isn't unusual since it was similar when I was in high school, but I think the number increased. I suppose its mostly a trend thing, since the gothics look pretty distasteful and I'm not sure why anyone would want to be that way. Of course, they COULD be tasteful, like, loligothika kind of gothic, but most aren't loli nor moe so it doesn't really fit. :/Silly high school students.
COHS IS SHORT ON PHYSICS TEACHERS!! Apparently from information from my chemistry teacher, all the physics teachers they've had didn't last long. It sort of reminds me of the Defense against the Dark Arts teachers in Harry Potter, where they'd be in for a year, do something that screws up their position, then a new one comes the next year, and repeats the process. I think they're really looking for a good Physics teacher right now. I wonder where I could find one. >.> <.<

In other news I started watching Code Geass. Watching a CLAMP-Mecha anime is like a great irony in itself, since you don't typically see CLAMP doing Gundam... this seems amusing enough to watch, and of course the mysterious girl always makes it worthy to watch... the mysterious girl that's designed by CLAMP :D

No comments: