14.1.07

Karin, Kamisama Kazukou

I recently finished two anime series: Karin and Kamisama Kazukou (I think that's how you spell it).

Karin: Defies logic even when applied to vampires. Sure, one person may think that vampires is already stretching the sense of reality and logic in an anime, but this anime makes even a world of vampires seem illogical. Biologically speaking, if there is a "vampire species" that uses blood in its diet, then spewing an excess amount of blood as a biological anomalty is impossible; at best, it would probably be fatal at birth, or whenever their "puberty" thing with the vampires sets in. Think of it this way; a human doesn't vomit on a completely empty stomach, that is, it doesn't produce vomit without intaking something first. Ok, one may say, but Karin still eats human food, and maybe that's why she is able to produce blood? And the vampire instincts are just inherited? This may be a feasible argument, but conclude how much food and neutrients she must produce to avoid the loss of blood each time she "nosebleeds". That's assuming that she has a superhuman body that can immediately convert food into neutrients and then blood. She would also need an abnormally high breathing rate to keep her body from being deoxygenated... but we can assume that she has a superhuman body because she's a vampire. She STILL needs to consume a HUGE amount of food, which probably wouldn't cover expenses covered by her family AND she shows no signs of being hungry all the time, though she does show evidence of being capable to eat a lot. It just strikes me as being rediculously impossible even for a vampire, this Karin show; the fact that I still cannot express my points clearly is rather vexing. I will need to work on it more.
Regardless of the lack of logic in this anime, it proves to be somewhat amusing at times. Although I think they overemphasize at it trying to be an ecchi series through the opening, I'm glad it isn't mainly ecchi but just lame humor, which is always enough to amuse me. Everything else about the anime is pretty mediocre. Even though the little sister Anju is cute, she isn't like others which you just squeal "MOEEE" when you see them, to me... Hmm well actually I thought that green haired girl was cool. :3

Kamisama Kazukou: Another rather mediocre anime that defies logic, but I won't go into the details for this one; I'll leave this up to any enraged theist believing this anime is a mocking of religion. In terms of plotline, this anime is pretty loose up until the end where they only loosely link the different "stories" for each plot together; even then, its rather confusing with the whole "this person only has memories of this" "that person went back in time so no one remembers anything but him" issues. I think the characters were pretty stupid, shallow, and dense-headed but as long as they make me laugh I suppose that doesn't matter. The character designs were mediocre, but not anti-moe... (weird word, anti-moe?)

Now I'll probably finish up Strawberry Panic. This anime seems to have a strong innuendo against the French and seems to be more perverted than some-- Wait I think I'll leave it at the whole French part.

No comments: