19.10.03

Pleasure, Money, and Family

Here is a very problematic dilemma that I face with anime and music... perhaps the only materialistic "wants" in my life. (Ok, so internet counts too, but that comes along with references, communication, and a whole lot of other things) What I'm talking about is the legitimacy of downloading music and anime. And this is exactly my point of view from it. -Guai
First off, I do not want to cause any company any "harm" by deliberately downloading anime and not buying their material. I believe that people have a right to earn money from the things they made, and to just take them for free is rather not nice. However, this is a hypocritical statement; if I believe its that wrong, why do I still download anime and music? Granted, they're from a foriegn country, but hey, there are places like yesasia.com where I can buy them legit. I could use the "I don't have the money" excuse, but in reality, I could just ask my parents like everyone else does. In fact, my parents consider me as too conservative, not wanting to spend or squander any money if its not worth it. -Thomas
But it is exactly my family that is on the other balance against morality of supporting the businesses. Either its supporting my family buy respecting and not spending any money, or giving business an honest deal. I am extremely against spending my parent's money because they already spend so much money just raising me, without the extra "wants". I really want to support them as much as I can to show my gratitude. -Engi
If it is possible, I would adjust the chemical makeup in my brain to forget about these materialistic pleasures If I could. It would save so much trouble. But alas, these three sides continue to fight because of this, and I feel like I'm in a mess.
Thank you for listening to my boring rant. If you didn't read it at all, :P.

No comments: